Some examples of self advocacy are
- meeting with a landlord to request a ramp to enter your home
- Attending an interview with social security to apply for benefits.
- Meeting with an employer to ask for more hours
Some examples of systems change advocacy are
- Attending a city council meeting to encourage them to continue funding curb cuts
- Meeting with a doctor’s office to make sure they understand their responsibilities to provide sign language interpreters
- Meeting with legislators to discuss issues important to the disability community