PILR is currently seeking to fill the following opening:
Information and referral specialist/ Receptionist Part time in Dodge City
The Information and Referral/Receptionist position in the Dodge City Office will be the first line of contact with potential consumers and provides accurate and timely information to consumers and staff. The Information and Referral Specialist also organizes resource information, helps maintain and keep current resource information in the various locations it is kept including the shared drive and I&R spreadsheet tracking log. The Information & Referral Specialist makes referrals to both PILR staff and to other organizations. Information & Referral Specialist conducts follow-up calls with consumers to offer additional information if needed. The position requires knowledge of disability issues, the independent living philosophy and the five core services. The Information and Referral Specialist shall focus his/her work complimentary to the spirit and intent of the independent living philosophy. The functions of this position will be delivered primarily over the telephone.
- Identify, coordinate, and deliver Information and Referral (I&R) services.
- Monitor out of Office on-call section.
- Answer consumer calls for information in a professional and compassionate manner.
- Provide information to consumers in a comprehensive, accurate, and timely manner and stays in contact with the consumer if answers cannot be completed in the initial contact.
- Responds effectively to callers utilizing active listening skills, thorough assessment, and problem solving techniques.
- After identification and assessment, utilizes resource database to locate the appropriate resources.
- Conducts follow-up on all I&R calls that require additional contact and ensures accurate and complete documentation.
- Act as Pratt’s primary I&R lead and as a resource for staff.
- Provide training and support for other staff identified as I&R back-up.
- Make referrals to staff or other organizations based on consumer requests and available services.
- Answer staff requests for information or research in a professional manner and update staff on new information/resources.
- Meet on a regular basis with I&R Team to assess service delivery and outcomes measurement data.
- Provide quality assurance for all Information and Referral entries in CIL Manager on a monthly basis.
- Conduct consumer surveys by telephone and perform other consumer surveys as requested.
- Performs intake and request for service functions according to procedure.
- Serve as a consumer advocate, assisting consumers as they access PILR programs and services via the telephone.
- Keep a working knowledge of direct service active caseload assignments.
- Assist and advocate for the development of new programs/services for persons with disabilities to enhance independent living and consumer choice.
- Maintain appropriate, positive, and professional relationships with staff, peers, consumers, volunteers, and other stakeholders.
- Manage Hope Closet inventory and paperwork.
Other duties or projects as assigned
- 2 years of experience using windows based personal computers (PC)
- 2 years of experience using Microsoft – Word, Excel and Access applications
- 2 years of experience working with people with disabilities
- Must be able to multi-task and use all general office equipment
- Possess the ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Knowledge of standard formats for letters, memos and reports
- Must possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Believes in and promotes the Independent Living Philosophy
- Bilingual preferred