The purpose of Prairie Independent Living Resource Center (PILR) is to achieve the full inclusion and acceptance of people with disabilities through education and advocacy. PILR is a Non-Profit organization.
PILR is currently seeking to fill the following openings:
Employment Specialist Full time in Dodge City
The ES will participate in all Employment Services Programs including VR, EES, & EDK.
- Actively engage in the agencies information and referral process in a timely manner.
- An ES must be able to work cooperatively with all customers involved in placement goals including people with disabilities, employers, and vocational rehabilitation counselors.
- An ES must be aware of community resources and how they can help achieve employment goals.
- An ES must have a good working knowledge of the job market in Dodge City, Garden City, and surrounding counties.
- An ES must be aware of Assistive Technology and other accommodations used by persons with disabilities.
- An ES must possess excellent interpersonal skills
- An ES must have good problem solving skills.
- An ES must be self-motivated and have a positive attitude
- An ES must complete necessary progress logs, paperwork, and meet deadlines.
- An ES must have access to transportation and be willing to travel within a 14 county area.
- An ES must always be aware that services offered by PILR are consumer driven.
- An ES must be willing to advocate for the Civil Rights of people with disabilities.
- An ES must believe in and promote the Independent Living Philosophy
- 2 years of experience using Windows based personal computers (PC)
- 2 years of experience using Microsoft Suites – Word, Excel, and Access applications
- 2 years of personal or professional experience with people with disabilities
- Must possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Must have excellent organizational skills and ability to meet all deadlines
Information and referral specialist/ Receptionist Part time in Dodge City
The Information and Referral/Receptionist position in the Dodge City Office will be the first line of contact with potential consumers and provides accurate and timely information to consumers and staff. The Information and Referral Specialist also organizes resource information, helps maintain and keep current resource information in the various locations it is kept including the shared drive and I&R spreadsheet tracking log. The Information & Referral Specialist makes referrals to both PILR staff and to other organizations. Information & Referral Specialist conducts follow-up calls with consumers to offer additional information if needed. The position requires knowledge of disability issues, the independent living philosophy and the five core services. The Information and Referral Specialist shall focus his/her work complimentary to the spirit and intent of the independent living philosophy. The functions of this position will be delivered primarily over the telephone.
Attend all mandatory agency trainings required by PILR management
2 years of experience using windows based personal computers (PC)
2 years of experience using Microsoft – Word, Excel and Access applications
2 years of experience working with people with disabilities
Must be able to multi-task and use all general office equipment
Possess the ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
Knowledge of standard formats for letters, memos and reports
Must possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Believes in and promotes the Independent Living Philosophy
Six months of experience in general office, clerical or administrative support work. Education may be substituted for experience as determined relevant by the agency.
Vision for the future:
A world of inclusion where diversity is celebrated and choices are honored.